Special Emphasis Formats
You may want to dig down into very specific aspects of the event you are reviewing. For example, looking at how risk was managed or discussing how a team integrated concepts from high reliability organizations.
Risk Management Focus
- What worked the way we wanted it to?
- What aspects of the mission surprised us?
- What risks did we predict?
- What risks surprised us?
- Where in the process did we have to make do, or where were we lucky?
High Reliability Focus
- Preoccupations with failure - Were there any near misses or close calls?
- Reluctance to simplify - Did we make assumptions that proved to be false?
- Sensitivity to operations - Were there any communication or coordination problems?
- Capacity for resilience - Did we have to improvise the plan?
- Deference to expertise - Did anyone seek help for an unusual situation?